Wednesday, February 17, 2010

can you wash a down jacket?

Seems lately that rather than writing anything down I have just been enjoying seeing and feeling but today I feel like writing.

I've been talking to my sister a lot. I guess I'm always talking to her a lot. My favorite time to talk is when I am out of class and walking home and I have no time limit. The downside is that my preferred path off campus has been closed off due to the snow, and the parking garage I'm supposed to go through doesn't get service. You see the dilemma?

Not willing to wait and call my sister until after I've passed through the parking garage I always choose to step over the wire fence and take slow steps down the ice. The first week of real bad snow I went down the ice covered stairs with my cell phone to my ear, laughing about something, and slipped. One leg up in the air, body becoming horizontal, head hit squarely on the corner of a stair. It hurt. Took me a second to find my phone in the snow, guided by the screaming voice, BETSY? BETSY? BEEEEEEETSY?

Today was no different. Out of class early, time to catch up on all of the thoughts of the last 24 hrs. The snow is melting. I don't take the stairs any more. I walk next to them, snow covered mud usually goes over better. But the snow is wet today, almost gone, and the mud is slippy. I knew I was going down. "I'm gonna slip, I'm gonna slip!" and bam, one leg up, butt slide down the hill, the mud caked up my leg, inside my jacket, in every crack of my bag, but the phone stayed put on my ear. I got up, wrist aching a little,
Did you slip?
Yep
Bad?
Yep
You've got to find a different route
I know

On a different note, there are lots of things to be grateful for these days. I have a new nephew. Danny is now only one year younger than me. I actually surprised him with a bday present, no small feat. Its getting warmer. I made some curtains. I am 77% sure that Danny and I will be exploring African jungles in June. And, I'm eating at Maddox tonight which is supposed to change my life.

I don't have pictures of anything new so I am posting this one. One of my favorites. Bryce at the Taj Mahal singing, Flyyyyy through the sky through the sky through the sky



PS How do I make the picture in the title of my blog fit right?


6 comments:

STEVEN said...

Bah hahaha. I miss my Bets. And why do you call your sister on your walks and not your poooooodle?


Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday, Danny!

Paul and Mariko said...

only 77% sure of africa?

betsy said...

I don't want to be disappointed :)

Idaho Rob said...

Betsy when we seriously considered Africa, Sarah got pregnant with our Benton instead... So if you want to be more sure of Africa take the necessary precautions.

Sydney Beames said...

So many things to say 1- Maddox did change my life. 2- I love that you fall down as much as I do. 3- I love that my name on your blog is the beautiful Sydney Beames. Boosts a girls self-esteem...not that I needed it. PS I need to date a boy in Logan again (preferably a lessy douchey one).

Love,
The beautiful Sydney Beames

Anonymous said...

The best blog entry I've read in weeks - thanks, Betsy!