Saturday, May 9, 2009

Betsy Hoerman... its got a nice little ring to it




So, the wedding happened, I'm a married woman now. I have to say that it was everything I could have ever dreamed of and more. Absolute downpour the whole day and the sky cleared for the hour and a half pictures were scheduled, my bridesmaids were gorgeous, desserts were scrumptious, my nephews pulled faces in all the pictures so they are bound to be cute, once we bailed and arrived at the Hilton we were upgraded to the two story pent house suite, oh yea, and Danny was pretty cool too. Then we were whisked away to the magical land of Denali National Park.

Today is our one week anniversary and we have already put in 50 hours of work since we got here! Its not all bad though, they made us drive a bus full of employees through the breathtaking interior of Alaska, we had to go on an ATV tour yesterday, tomorrow we have to go in a plane around the summit of Mt. McKinley, and Monday night we have no choice but to go on the big dome train about 4 hrs south to the Mt. McKinley lodge for an overnighter and ride the next day into Fairbanks and back. Pretty tough honeymoon so far.







We stay about 10 minutes north of the park in a town called Healy. We live in an old hotel/army barrack type place made out of wooden panel and tin with a hoppin' bar downstairs, plenty of interesting people to keep us laughing and a full size bed. There is a cool rec room with pool and ping pong and a library of romance novels that have kept many other Alaskans warm through the cold nights. We haven't really had any of our own time to go exploring but tomorrow is our first day off so we can go check it all out.

Its strange though, all the planning for the wedding and it was over so fast and now it feels like it was so long ago. I have not even had a 5 minute conversation with anyone but Danny to re-hash the whole thing and give it proper analysis. I have no idea how it went for anyone else. Maybe its better that way, it can just remain this perfect little moment in time. Sitting with Danny for a few minutes before we went in to be married had to of been the highlight of the day. We had a few mushy things to say to each other but mostly we sat there giggling and trying to be reverent even though I just wanted to jump up and down and release some of my excitement. Excitement to be marrying Danny, excitement to see all the people in the other room, excitement to start a new chapter in my life. I was so glad that I was there with Danny and that life has brought us, in a round about way, together. Not a bad twist to things.

5 comments:

Rach said...

The few minutes before Jake and I got married, Jake was totally green and about to throw up. My mom totally witnessed this. I think he finally realized who he was marrying. Glad Danny didn't have that same look. Have fun in Alaska!

Callen "Lewis by Trade" Cooney said...

hhaha...I can see jakes face now.

Sounds like you are kicking some alaska A%$...Love you guys!

Oh..and the wedding WAS amazing!

Gail B said...

you looked beautiful bets and your Husband was a handsome groom. have a fun time in big A. love you

Anonymous said...

I love the leg coming off the bed...nice touch...gives it that hint of Vegas with a hairy Alaskan flavor! Have a great time and your wedding was tons of fun!
Love, Aunt Cathy

Idaho Rob said...

Betsy as I told you today, You two are amazing, Sarah and I adore you and Danny, and the floor at your parents house is beautiful (I think of myself as a kind of hardwood expert). Enjoy your summer and we will see you as soon as you get home.